Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Get your post indexed by Google quickly  (Read 113 times)
Scott

Get your post indexed by Google quickly
« on: July 31, 2008, 04:19:09 PM »

Hello all - I am new to the "blog flipping" world, having just set up a brand new one which I hope to either monetize or probably sell.  But, I have had my own blog for my computer consulting work for quite a while.  I discovered something pretty amazing not too long ago.  You guys probably already know about this but I thought it was cool.

Originally, I used mydomain.blogspot.com but a few months ago I decided I wanted to integrate my blog in with my own domain name site, so I had to decide if I wanted to continue using the blogger.com service, or make the switch to WordPress.  My webhost talked me into staying with Blogger, primarily because of its close ties with Google.  And I have seen this happen several times.

When I post a new blog article, it is usually indexed by Google within an hour or two.  Here's an example:

I posted on my blog about the new AVG, and what my recommendations were as far as upgrading, etc.  The topic was "AVG 8.0 - which version do you need?" (link goes to the post).

A couple of hours later I did a search on the phrase "Do I need the new avg?" (without the quotes) and I was #2 on Google for that search.  I am currently at #3 for that search and the only organic results ahead of me are AVG and Grisoft links (the manufacturers of that program).

I have done this several times, for several different post topics.  I continue to get organic traffic from Google because of it.

The downside is that the Blogger templates are not very configurable unless you really know the CSS to make the changes.  WordPress has all these great widgets that plug in and configure so easily.  So my new "flipper blog" is in WordPress because I want to learn how to use it.

That's all for now, looking forward to getting to know you all in the coming weeks and months.

Scott

www.TheyWonTheLottery.com
Every lottery has winners and losers.  Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.
Bclark
Administrator

Say What?

Re: Get your post indexed by Google quickly
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 07:17:46 PM »

Scott, are you saying that you believe that Blogger blogs get indexed faster being that they are part of Google? 

I've heard this to, but I'd honestly have to see some side-by-side proof to budge on my view that Google wouldn't be that biased.  It really depends on the keywords you are using and the relevance to the search I would imagine.  Of course there are other factors like site authority, domain age, and linkage data.

In all reality, it's not a super competitive keyphrase.  "Do I need the new avg", so I'd really be interested to see you pick another keyphrase, and test the same article on a blogger and a wordpress domain.  See what you get

You should try an experiment.  Would make for a good blog post.

Want to make real money online?  Learn how to flip sites at https://siteflipu.com
Scott

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 07:34:21 PM »

Well, I am not absolutely convinced of it, but I just know what I have experienced.  In my blog stats, I get visits every day from people that search on that phrase or a similar one.

Here are a few others that I have done (the links go to the Google search results):

Make your Windows folders different colors - #1 in Google

Get rid of the Windows Update restart nag - #2

Get rid of that stupid "Send Error" Report = #1

Don't attach photos - link to them! - #1

I realize these are the phrases that I titled my blog posts, but I do get visits from these search phrases or variations on them every day.  Would I get the same results if I were not using Blogger?  Who knows.  But I agree about it being a good topic for a blog post!

Scott

Every lottery has winners and losers.  Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.
Scott

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 09:14:46 PM »

Okay, scratch that theory...I just posted in WordPress on my other blog, and it was indexed by Google in less than an hour.  I think it may be because of Feedburner, which I have on both blogs.

Scott

iheartmissy
Be Groovy, Baby!
Global Moderator

g34media.com

depauliac
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 09:05:02 PM »

Lol. Good call, Scott.

Need a blog? Send me a PM now. I can help you.
Need Images For Your Next Site Flip? Use My http://www.binkyou.net
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: