Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with the new blog  (Read 67 times)
blogmuncher

What to do with the new blog
« on: September 16, 2008, 01:32:49 AM »

I like the ideas on this site very much.  I understand now how to look for a suitable blog to flip.  But once you've got your blog what do you do next? But what I don't get is why an old blog (with lots of entries hopefully) is going to be valuable to someone else?  Those entries remain old and out of date, so what's the attraction? 
paulus

Re: What to do with the new blog
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 05:53:52 AM »

Content costs money. Think of how much of your time it would take to produce the same content. Your time has a cost. Also, think how much it would cost to hire a writer to create that content for you.

Existing sites usually have the advantage of:

- an aged domain.
- search engine bonus points from a reseller point of view (e.g. rankings, PR). The current owner might not recognise these.
- traffic.

There's probably some overlap in the above points, but you get the picture

If you're bothered by the dates on the posts, you could always SQL them to something more recent - bearing in mind that if you change the URL's of those posts, you'll have to employ some redirect shenanigans to maintain their search enhine ranking.

If you had plans to start a similar blog yourself, commandeering an already established blog would kick start your endeavours.
Bclark
Administrator

Say What?

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 06:09:16 PM »

What he said!   

Want to make real money online?  Learn how to flip sites at https://siteflipu.com
blogmuncher

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 10:11:00 AM »

Cool - thanks for the guidance. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: