Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blog Flippping Q & A  (Read 305 times)
iheartmissy
Be Groovy, Baby!
Global Moderator

g34media.com

depauliac
« on: July 31, 2008, 11:00:24 AM »

This is the section for all your blog flipping questions. The rules and guidelines are coming. Stay tuned.

Feel free to post your questions below, and community members will do their best to answer. Enjoy!

Want a (kick ass blog) of your own - fully hosted for 1 year? Send me a PM now.
Bclark
Administrator

Say What?

Re: Blog Flippping Q & A
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 12:19:57 PM »

wOOt!  Somebody is on the ball.  Congrats Missy, I just made you a moderator.

Want to make real money online?  Learn how to flip sites at https://siteflipu.com
Scott

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 04:21:48 PM »

Okay, I'll be first...

Does anyone have a "master list" of free web directories where we should be submitting our blogs?  I could compile a list but if someone has already done that there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

Scott

www.TheyWonTheLottery.com
Every lottery has winners and losers.  Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.
iheartmissy
Be Groovy, Baby!
Global Moderator

g34media.com

depauliac
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 05:02:17 PM »

Quote from: Bclark on July 31, 2008, 12:19:57 PM
wOOt!  Somebody is on the ball.  Congrats Missy, I just made you a moderator.

Sweet! Thanxs, Bryan.

iheartmissy
Be Groovy, Baby!
Global Moderator

g34media.com

depauliac
Re: Blog Flippping Q & A
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 05:08:50 PM »

Hi, Scott:

Are you asking for a list to be added here to the forum? Or just generally speaking. I don't have a master list myself, but there is one at Webmasters-Forum. (link below)

Free and High PR Directories (no recip needed)
http://www.webmasters-forum.org/showthread.php?p=27#post27
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 05:11:36 PM by iheartmissy » Logged

Scott

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 06:11:32 PM »

Quote from: iheartmissy on July 31, 2008, 05:08:50 PM
there is one at Webmasters-Forum. (link below)

Free and High PR Directories (no recip needed)
http://www.webmasters-forum.org/showthread.php?p=27#post27

Beautiful!  Just what I was looking for.  Thanks!

www.TheyWonTheLottery.com
Every lottery has winners and losers.  Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.
megler

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 07:01:16 AM »

I have a question:

What types of niches do better for higher dollar flips? (>$500)  I'm not asking for specific niches here, but very general ideas...

For instance, I just sold my diabetes blog - http://getdiabetesinfonow.com/ for $60.00 - I was sure it would go for at least $100 because it was a healthcare niche.  ugh.

I was looking at Bryan's "recently sold" and his high dollar stuff appears to be just "general" for lack of a better term.  Zen Tricks, Web Mumble, etc.  I didn't research them thoroughly, so possibly he bought them, improved upon them and flipped them so they already had PR or something else going for them?  Right now I'm doing it more the hard way of making my own sites and flipping...

Any input would be greatly appreciated!   

Marceia

iheartmissy
Be Groovy, Baby!
Global Moderator

g34media.com

depauliac
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 08:53:57 AM »

Hi, Marceia:

First let me say Welcome to the forum! Nice to see you here.

As for which niches do better for high dollar flips? After keeping an eye on the marketplaces for about a month now, i would venture to say that it varies. But i'm noticing quite a few gadget blogs, green blogs, and how-to blogs.

I'm sure Bryan can answer this better. Maybe he will chime in. Good question.

megler

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 09:07:13 AM »

Thanks, Missy!

Are you primarily looking at Sitepoint or do you also use DP?  I've been hesitant to use SP because of the listing fee, but I hear you can get a higher payout from them.

On DP, I see that travel blogs do well, at least for one particular seller.  It's funny because I think his sites are awful and they still sell regularly for over $100.00 (these are built in a day site flips). 

I'd love to crack that $500 code without having to hold it until it has PR, though.  I seem to do ok with generating traffic, but revenue eludes me.  But I digress from the original topic...

Marceia
iheartmissy
Be Groovy, Baby!
Global Moderator

g34media.com

depauliac
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 09:16:54 AM »

I was referring to SP above, on DP i'm not sure. I see alot of everything on DP. As for what sells well there? Not sure, i would study it for a few weeks to see.

Am new to site flipping myself, so am not an expert. Just chiming in with my experience so far.

Good questions.

Bclark
Administrator

Say What?

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 04:40:21 PM »

Very good questions, and I'm glad that you got good answers from Missy.

As far as the site topics I choose, there's nothing general about them.  I do a lot of niche research before selling and generally speaking, I get a pretty high dollar amount for a minimal amount of work.  The only "general" sites I sell, are generally one's that I buy from others.  If I can see the value in it, I'll buy it and resell.  Web Mumble is a good example.  I bought that blog for $400 and then flipped it 3 days later on Sitepoint for $1,500. 

As far as buying is concerned, Digitalpoint is pure gold.  But I almost NEVER sell there unless it's a really niche topic.  Sitepoint always has higher payouts, and you are much more likely to find a buyer quickly.

Want to make real money online?  Learn how to flip sites at https://siteflipu.com
megler

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 06:24:42 PM »

Thanks Missy and Bryan. 

I'll follow the advise and try to sell my recipe blog on Sitepoint.  I've been waiting for it to get PR, as it wouldn't sell earlier.  It finally popped a PR2, so we'll see if I get any bites.

So Bryan, if you are going to create blogs vs buying and flipping - are there types of categories you look for?  Again, I'm not asking for specific niches here, but more of a signpost saying "Look that way..."  "Slippery When Wet" etc.

Thanks!

Marceia
Bclark
Administrator

Say What?

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 10:21:45 PM »

The best advice I can give on that question, is the advice Missy already gave.  Follow the marketplaces closely, it's easy to see what sells and for what price.  These niches change constantly, so it'll take some real effort on your part to see what's hot at the time.

Good luck!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: