Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How is my site theme?  (Read 103 times)
megler

« on: August 25, 2008, 12:13:41 PM »

I am the first to admit that my selection of theme generally hurts me on my sites.  I'm trying to get better at it and am following the advise of some regular readers by now using a magazine style theme (Mimbo) on my travel site.  I'm also asking Forest from http://therandomforest.com to design a header for me so the site will look more custom.

That being said, will you guys take a quick peek at my site in progress and tell me how you feel about the theme?

http://getkeywest.info

I'm just now filling it with content, so some things are still empty and it still needs to be monetized - but at least you get the feel for layout, pics, etc.

I really want to raise the average sale price of my sites out of the 50.00 range and into the hundreds - I KNOW I can do it!  I think theme is a big stumbling block right now.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Marceia
Bclark
Administrator

Say What?

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 01:08:25 PM »

I know you can do it too! 

Theme looks great.  Can't wait to see the design whiz Forest in action.  He makes great stuff.

Want to make real money online?  Learn how to flip sites at https://siteflipu.com
wordsaregood

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 02:13:12 PM »

Do you develop mobile versions of sites that you're preparing to flip?  Or is that not generally something that prospective buyers are concerned about?  I spent a couple of hours yesterday looking around at WP plug-ins and theme options for mobile versions (including versions optimized for iPhone and iPod Touch); there are a few possibilities out there, but nothing that's an ideal fit for me, IMO.
megler

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 03:00:36 PM »

that's a good question.  Right now i'm not focused on it, as I'm still trying to get my themes right for the web and don't want to focus on another medium yet.  Also, the niches I'm generally working on I don't think people are surfing via mobile.  I would think mobile surfers are going for more tech, music, gossip, etc.  I may be wrong though.

Maybe after I get better at my internet themes, I'll focus more on mobile stuff.  You're right, though, I doubt there is much out there right now.  it's too new.  I think it will soon be huge, tho.  good luck!
iheartmissy
Be Groovy, Baby!
Global Moderator

g34media.com

depauliac
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 09:47:30 AM »

The Mimbo theme is a nice one. The designer behind that theme has pretty good skillZ.

Design (especially on a brand new flip) is important, as it is one of the selling points. I see sales on SP quite abit where DESIGN was most likely the deciding factor.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 09:56:09 AM by iheartmissy » Logged

Want a (kick ass blog) of your own - fully hosted for 1 year? Send me a PM now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: